- Khushi Nayyar
In this tutorial, we will be learn about Reddit Ads, Reddit is a platform which is popular among geeks.
The focus of this tutorial will be on learning about different types of ads you can run on reddit and how to launch an Ad Campaign on Reddit, before learning about those topics, let's take a closer look at the audience of Reddit.
- 61% of users are male
- 70% of users are Caucasian
- 64% of users are aged between 18 and 29
- Only 7% of users are over 50 years old
- 35% of users earn $75,000 or more per year
- Reddit has 52 million daily active users worldwide
- Reddit has an average of 222 million monthly active users in the United States.
Why should you choose Reddit advertising?
Reddit may not be the first platform that comes to mind when you think of advertising, but it can offer some major benefits compared to other Ad Platforms. Here's why Reddit advertising might be a smart choice for you.
Community targeting on Reddit is particularly useful for businesses that have niche products or services, or that want to target specific communities of users. Community Targeting could lead to higher conversion rate for Advertisers.
Reddit users are known for being highly engaged with the content they consume on the platform, making them more likely to interact with ads that are relevant and interesting.
Engaged users are more likely to click on ads, share them with others, and even take action on the advertiser's website.
Lower Cost Per Click (CPC)
Reddit's delivers a lower cost per click for advertisers compared to other platforms
For example, according to data from AdEspresso, the average cost per click for a Reddit ad is $0.75, while the average cost per click for a Facebook ad is $1.72.
What are the Different Types of Ads You Can Run On Reddit?
Text Ads are a concise and effective way to promote products on Reddit, as they appear as short, text-based advertisements. They are also easy to make for Advertisers.
Image Ads allow advertisers to create visually engaging advertisements that captures users' attention with eye-catching graphics or photos.
Video Ads allow for more engaging and immersive video content that can be more memorable for users.
Carousel Ads are a series of up to 5 images or videos that users can swipe through, allowing advertisers to showcase multiple products or features within a single ad unit. This format is particularly effective for promoting products that require multiple images such as watches to convey their value.
It's important to note that not all ad formats are available in all Reddit advertising campaigns, and the available formats may vary depending on the advertising objective selected.
How to advertise on Reddit
Now that you have learned about the different types of ads that you can run on Reddit, it's time to learn how to set up a Reddit Ad Campaign.
Step 1: Create Reddit Ads Account
In order to run Reddit ads, it is necessary to have a Reddit Ads account. So visit https://ads.reddit.com/ and create a Reddit Ads account.
Step 2: Make a company profile
The first step in advertising on Reddit is to create a company profile. This involves setting up an account on Reddit and creating a profile for your business.
Step 3: Set up an advertising account
Once you have a company profile, you can set up an advertising account on Reddit. This involves providing some basic information about your business, such as your company name, industry, and contact information.
Step 4: Create Campaign
Click the “Create Campaign” button to begin Creating a Campaign.
Step 5: Choose between Simple and Advanced way of advertising
There’s two ways to advertise on reddit:
- Simple Way
The simple way to advertise on Reddit is to create a text or display ad and choose the subreddits where you want your ad to appear.
- Advanced Way
The complex way to advertise on Reddit involves using advanced targeting and optimization techniques to reach your target audience and maximize your ROI.
We will show you the simple way of crafting a reddit advertisement:
Step 6: Choose a name for your campaign
Now, enter a Campaign Name
Step 7: Choose your creative
In this section, you will determine the appearance of your ad by following these steps:
- Select a photo or video to include in your ad.
- Write an attention-grabbing headline that entices users to click on your ad. For example, "The Ultimate Guide to Getting More Clients for Your Digital Marketing Agency!"
- Enter the URL for the webpage that you want users to visit when they click on your ad.
- Choose a call to action that encourages users to take action, such as "Learn More" or "Sign Up."
- For increased engagement, it is recommended to enable comments by checking the "Allow Comments" box.
Step 8: Choose your audience and Set your budget
This section involves deciding who your ad will be shown to and how much you want to spend on the ad.
Follow these steps:
Choose the audience you want to reach. You can select:
- A broad audience that includes all Reddit users
- Or, a custom audience that targets Reddit users in a specific subreddit, like "digitalmarketing," or with a specific interest, like "Business & Finance."
For most types of ads, it's best to choose the custom audience option.
Optionally, target an audience with specific interests, such as "Business & Finance."
Optionally, target an audience within a specific subreddit, such as "digitalmarketing."
Optionally, choose your audience location. Note that targeting countries like India will be less expensive, whereas targeting countries like the United States and European countries will be more costly.
Set your daily budget, such as "$5."
Set the amount you are willing to pay per click. Reddit will show a recommended bid range, so try to keep your bid within that range.
Choose your schedule. You can either set your campaign to run-
- Or, specify a start and end date.
Step 9: Add payment method
Add a payment method to fund your ad campaign. You can pay with a credit card or PayPal.
Step 10: Publish campaign
If everything looks good, click on the "Publish" button on Bottom Right to submit your ad for review.
The Reddit Team will review you Ad usually within 24 hours, and then your Ad will be live. Now, Let’s learn how to create an Ad campaign that has higher chances of giving you Positive ROI.
Optimizing Reddit Ads
To increase your chances of achieving a positive ROI from your Reddit ads, you can follow these steps:
- Identify the subreddits that your target audience is interested in.
- Explore these subreddits to gain an understanding of the types of ads that perform well in that particular subreddit.
- Taking inspiration from these ads to create your own ad.
- Keep creating and testing different ad variations until you achieve a positive ROI, which means that for every dollar spent on the ad, you earn more than one dollar in return.
Remember that creating effective ads takes time and experimentation.
Therefore, it's essential to keep trying and refining your advertising strategy to find what works best for your business.
The key takeaways from this article are as follows:
- Reddit Ads are an excellent advertising option because of Community Targeting Option and lower cost per click due to less competition.
- You learned about various types of ads, such as
- Text Ads are short, text-based ads.
- Image Ads are ads with photos.
- Video Ads are ads with video content.
- Carousel Ads are ads which shows upto 5 swippable images.
- You learned how to create and run your ad campaign by following the steps outlined in "How to advertise on Reddit"
- You learned how to optimize your Reddit ads, By gaining inspiration from ads in subreddits that are relevant to your target audience and keep trying till you hit positive ROI.
To benefit from the Knowledge you have gained it is best to practice it. Follow these steps to put your knowledge into action:
- Find subreddits that your target audience is interested in
- Check out the types of ads in those subreddit to get a sense of what works.
- Launch a campaign by following the steps outlined in "How to advertise on Reddit" Section
- Keep Optimizing till you hit positive ROI meaning that if you put $1 you get more than $1 .
I wish you the best of luck and success with your Ad Campaign!
🙏 Dhanyawad 🙏
What do the terms impressions, clicks, CPM, CPC, CTR and CPC mean?
The following terms are defined below:
- Impressions refer to the number of times your ad has been viewed by a user.
- Clicks refer to the number of times a user has clicked on your ad and directed to your intended destination.
- CPM is the effective cost per thousand impressions, i.e., the cost incurred per thousand impressions of the ad.
- CTR represents the click-through rate, i.e., the percentage of times a user has viewed and clicked on your ad.
- CPC denotes the average cost incurred for each click on your ad.